WPL have been at the forefront of wastewater treatment technology for over 25 years, with international experience of technical design, quality of manufacture and supply of environmental wastewater solutions.
Our high level of expertise means that we offer all of our customers, from the individual home owner to the large municipal communities and industrial markets, robust wastewater treatment process solutions that are environmentally compliant.
At WPL, it is our philosophy to research, design, manufacture, and source and supply a wide range of advanced environmental wastewater products and services that both meet and exceed our customer’s expectations, as well as contributing to protecting the environment for future generations. This procedure is carried out to benefit our employees, customers, suppliers, stakeholders and the wider global community in which we operate.
Through our proven technical expertise, WPL can apply the right process to the right application, ensuring our customers have complete peace of mind that the performance will be environmentally compliant, including security of discharge standards.
A team you can trust
You will be supported by our team of highly trained individuals with the best knowledge within the industry and an unrelenting passion for what we do.
Our aftersales care demonstrates our clear commitment to building long-term relationships with our valued customers and we will always endeavour to help you in any way that we can.
Our recommended independent installation, service and maintenance network is an extension of our team and as such, they adopt the same philosophy.Find your local professional
UK water utility project at a glance
Castle Hill Development at Ebbsfleet
WPL wastewater treatment plant at the Castle Hill, Kent – the first phase of the Government’s new garden city to be built at Ebbsfleet Valley. The new town of Ebbsfleet is one of the most important developments in the south of England, with plans to build 15,000 new homes for a planned population of 40,000.
Metropolitan Director, John Marsh said
“Metropolitan has worked with Landsec to provide a multi-utility solution for the site and the provision of all its essential connection requirements. Finding a cost effective solution for the treatment of wastewater has led Metropolitan to install the onsite WPL Hybrid-SAF™ plant –which meets the entire needs of the Castle Hill development delivered on time and to budget.”
Our process engineering expertise is valued by all of our customers; including the highly regulated water utilities right through to individual home owners, each equally as deserving of the highest quality standards.
Accreditation Standards & Compliance
Ever vigilant as to current and pending legislation, our focus is to provide fully compliant, fully supported, future-proof results for our customers, time after time. We ensure that our environmental wastewater treatment solutions are designed and proven to exceed all current or proposed discharge consent standards.
- BS EN12566-3 2014 – CE marked, fully type tested and certificated in accordance with the mandatory European standard BS EN12566-3 2014 for small wastewater treatment systems.
- Part H2 for building regulations – Fully compliant in the UK with HM government guidance for Drainage and Waste Disposal, Part H2 for building regulations of wastewater treatment systems.
- Local Authority Building and Control approved – LABC approved England and Wales, which means the WPL Diamond has been assessed against Building Regulation requirements and can be fast tracked through the building regulation process saving you valuable time.
- General binding rules – Meets current legislation for exemption from a permit to discharge by the Environment Agency (EA), England, as per the General Binding Rules document.
- British Water flows and loads codes of practice – Designed using the British Water Flows and Loads code of practice, to ensure correct sized tanks.
- The WPL Diamond is UK and European patented. This means that our design is completely unique. Patent number: GB 250337.
- WPL Diamond, France – AGRÉMENT MINISTÉRIEL 5, 10, 15, 20 EH: n°2015-011-ext 1à3. CE marked, fully type tested and certificated in accordance with the mandatory European standard NF EN12566-3 2014 Annex A, B and C for small wastewater treatment systems up to 50 EH.
- WPL Diamond, Germany – DIBT approval, certificate number Z-55.31-426 in accordance to DIN EN 12566-3 with CE marking.